Innovating the future of a connected world
SunMan Engineering has been a pioneering leader in wireless connectivity for a variety of verticals in the IoT space. Over 350 companies have trusted our long established expertise in high speed circuit design, radios, and data connectivity
SunMan Engineering is a pioneer in IoT and the connected car. SunMan Engineering introduced the connected car concept in 2008 at the CSE Show with the development of several technologies including a powerful vehicle-mounted device with WiMax/4G, a Wi-Fi Hotspot, BT, GPS, an accelerometer, a gyroscope, an altimeter sensor, a temperature sensor, and a touch screen In partnership with Intel and Vodafone. It was the first tablet ever to feature natural language speech recognition and incorporate several applications for safety, productivity, security and entertainment all in one device. The names “DashTop” and “DashTab” were selected and trademarked by SunMan Engineering as there was no association to the term “Tablet” at the time. The device was designed to be placed on top of the dashboard of a vehicle, and provide mobile functions for a better driving experience and safety . Since then, SunMan Engineering has architected and developed many other products in other IoT industries.
The SunMan Engineering IoT Advantage
- Can both aggregate data and control subsystems
- Process data at either edge or cloud
- Optimized for power efficient implementation
- Implementable on existing infrastructure, or built from scratch
- Highly cost competitive due to novel modular architecture
- Platform enables customers to create easy, rapid, custom applications
- Complete System engineering and configuration for custom solutions, large or tiny.
SunMan’s Connectivity Building Blocks
- Smart Nodes – Wired/Wireless
- Radios – 4G/3G/2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BLE, ZigBee, etc.
- Carrier Connections – Wired/Wireless
- Combined Cloud & Edge Security
- 2 way data aggregation
- Individual node automation and control
- Custom Dashboard Application
Connect and control devices in various industries, including:
- Alternative Energy
- Consumer Electronics
- Medical Devices
- Oil Refineries