8 Layer Stackup
Please modify the variables far and then click on the ‘Calculate’ button. The trace impedance’s will then be calculated.
Note: All values need to be filled to get the desired result.
1. All dimensions are in MIL (thousands of an inch).
2. For microstrip traces (0.1< W/H < 4.0; 1 < Εr < 16 )
where W = width of the trace
H = height of the dielectric
Εr = Dielectric constant
3. The Dielectric Constant of FR4 material may vary by as much as 20% (4.2 to 5.2).
4. The overall Dielectric Thickness (Cu to Cu) should total 62 MIL nominally.
5. Variables unavailable for modification have no significant effect on the impedance of the traces.